firewalld 0.8.0 release
A new release of firewalld, version 0.8.0, is available.
This is a feature release. It also includes all bug fixes since v0.7.0.
- nftables: convert to libnftables JSON interface
This completely converts firewalld to using the libnftables JSON interface.
Firewalld no longer makes calls to the
nftbinary. It drastically improves rule application times and reliability by applying rules in large transactions.
- service: new “helper” element to replace “module” More accurately represents the conntrack helper. Deprecates “module”.
- allow custom helpers using standard helper modules (rhbz 1733066)
- testsuite is now shipped in the dist tarball
Statistics since v0.7.0:
- 100 commits
- 74 files changed, 3593 insertions(+), 2163 deletions(-)
Source available here: